* live.com C/S C++ http://www.live555.com
* darwin S C++ http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/
* VLC C C http://www.videolan.org
* mplayer C C http://www.mplayerhq.hu
* omsp C/S C http://streaming.polito.it/
Fenice is Server
NeMeSI is Client
* spook S C http://www.litech.org/spook/
* MPEG4IP C C http://www.mpeg4ip.net/
- Columbia University rtspd - Supports serving of .au files via RTSP for Solaris, FreeBSD 3.x, Linux, Windows NT.
- Darwin Streaming Server - The open-source version of Apple’s QuickTime Streaming Server technology. Streams hinted QuickTime, MPEG-4, and 3GPP files.
- FFmpeg - Cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video. It includes libavcodec - the leading audio/video codec library.
- Feng - Open-source server software compliant with the IETF's standards for RTSP and RTP/RTCP.
- GStreamer - A multimedia framework with a plugin based architecture for a variety of platforms including Linux, Windows and OSX. Site has downloads, developer resources, and links to applications using the framework.
- Helix Universal Media Server - Available in various editions. Developed by RealNetworks.
- KOM(S) Streaming System (komssys) - Implements a streaming system based on the IETF protocols RTSP, SDP, RTP/RTCP to provide a base for researchers and developers. Includes code for a server, a client, and a proxy.
- QuickTime Streaming Server - Apple's closed-source streaming server.
- The Helix DNA Server - Streams MP3, RealAudio and RealVideo. Open-source and proprietary editions.
- The LIVE555 Media Server - Complete open-source RTSP server application. Pre-built binaries and source code.
- VLC media player - Open-source cross-platform multimedia player and framework, which can also stream audio and video in a number of formats.
- Windows Media Services - Microsoft's server solution to stream audio and video. Only Windows Media, JPEG, and MP3 formats are supported.
- Wowza Media Server - Java-based server for streaming of live and on-demand audio and video. Commercial application.